Continuing with our help series, today, we will be introducing our Sage 300cloud help series where we will be discussing the '49153' error.
This error occurs when your SQL client is unable to access the database.
There are a number of reasons why this error occurs:
- SQL connection to the database is down i.e. services aren’t running or the server is down.
- Your ODBC DSN is invalid on the server or workstation.
- The server has a firewall running that's blocking the database ports.
- Version of the SQL client.
- The DNS is resolving the server name to the wrong IP address.
- The client is pointing to the wrong server name.
The first step would be to restart the SQL services relating to the SAGE 300cloud instance.
If that doesn’t work – try restarting the SQL server.
Another option would be to check the ODBC settings :
For a 32 bit pc: Start, Run, %WinDir%\system32\odbcad32.exe
For a 64 bit pc: Start, Run, %WinDir%\syswow64\odbcad32.exe
Sage 300cloud automatically creates an ODBC DSN when you open Sage and it defaults to the server\instance name.
If you would like to know more about Sage 300cloud or any of the Sage products we offer, please fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in contact:
Alternatively, contact us here.